A WALK IN THE HISTORICAL CENTER:
- San Pellegrino: it is perhaps the largest preserved medieval quarter in Europe. Typical example of 1200 building with towers, arches, alleys and the characteristic profferli.
- Loggia of the Papal Palace: Piazza San Lorenzo with the beautiful Cathedral and the Papal Palace with all the history of the first “conclave”
- Piazza del Plebiscito: The Clock Tower, the Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo and the Palazzo dei Priori with the picture gallery which houses, among other works, “La Pietà” and “La Flagellazione” by Sebastiano del Piombo
- The many historical fountains: fountain in Piazza Fontana Grande, Piazza delle Erbe, Piazza del Gesù, Piazza della Morte, Piazza San Faustino, Piazza della Rocca etc ..
- The National Archaeological Museum
BEYOND THE WALLS:
- Villa Lante in Bagnaia
- The Park of Monsters in Bomarzo
- The Palazzo Farnese in Caprarola
- Civita di Bagnoregio
- The Cimini woods and the Vico Lake Nature Reserve
- The Etruscan Sites
- The thermal establishments and the Terme dei Papi
And again: Lake Bolsena, Tarquinia, Tuscania, Vulci